Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ear Training Mastery

A lot of people ask me lately how I do it. How I manage to keep my ear training level so high, and still have all that time to hang out with my friends and relatives. I think it's time for me to tell you my secret: commitment! You have to know that you can't get anywhere if you don't know how to love what you do. Ear training is a way to express your inner self, to get in touch with nature, and get to know the universe. All musicians pass through that process, and not all of them succeed. But the really interesting thing here is that those who don't succeed at first, succeed at the second try. Nobody ever tries three times. Now, I can't be sure exactly why does that happen, but ear training has a lot of secrets and we have to learn how to respect that.
A good friend of mine once told me that if I wanted to become a great musician, I had to be a good man. I didn't understand this at first, but years later, after I was already a qualified ear trainer and a perfect musician, it suddenly came to me: musicians can't be bad people. And that is because they represent something pure and angelic. Music itself is so pure in its complexity, that nobody can handle it. It was at that precise moment that I became determined to become an expert in ear training. My life was just getting started.
You will come across many figures in your life that will try to change you, but if you want to be an excellent musician, you can never let that happen. Even if you know that if you change you will save the world, you can never do it, because musicians are who they are, and nothing more. Ear training software has helped a lot of people to get a good hang of music, but being in a conservatory class is way better, although it is far more expensive. It is true, it's not for everyone.
But don't be scared of the world, let the world be scared of you! You can be an even better ear trainer than me, if you put your mind to it. The only thing that stops you is your fantasy, remember that! Hard work does miracles, and if you try to understand those miracles, your work will be totally fulfilled with its own riches. What I want from you now is to think about your life, and make a decision about the course of career your are going to follow. That is going to be your path. You ear-training path. And you will never abandon that path no matter what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment